In August of 1991 New York's Sonic Youth invited Los Angeles filmmaker David Markey along on a two week summer festival tour of Europe. The band was excited about their opening act, a little known band from the Pacific Northwest, Nirvana. Along the way they would cross paths with Dinosaur Jr., Babes In Toyland, Gumball, and The Ramones. 1991 The Year Punk Broke A film by David Markey. A Sonic Life / We Got Power Films production...
The long awaited DVD is OUT NOW!
• Over 60 minutes of additional, never before seen material, a total of 160 minutes!
• 40 minute sister Bonus Movie entitled "(This Is Known As) The Blues Scale" with previously unseen mind-blowing Sonic Youth & Nirvana performances (including "Inhuman", "White Kross", "Orange Rolls, Angel's Spit", "Eric's Trip", "Chapel Hill", and "In Bloom") and plenty of revelatory and rockin' (and hilarious) never before seen off-stage and on-stage material
• 2003 Panel Discussion (on the film) at the Arclight in Hollywood, with Thurston Moore, Dave Markey, Lee Ranaldo, Steve Shelley, and J Mascis
• Complete picture remaster
• Rough Edits "Mote", the never before seen "Flower" & an alternate version of "Teenage Riot"
• Subtitles in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, & Brazilian Portuguese
A 40 minute feature post-script to "1991 The Year Punk Broke" put together by David Markey in 2004 featuring never before seen performance and off-stage material from Sonic Youth and Nirvana